Thursday, November 1, 2012

Inspiration: Halloween & Fashion






 Each and every year, I get excited about Halloween! From the time I was able to ditch the kiddy and scary costumes, I definitely took advantage of dressing more provacatively. Halloween is almost the only time where a girl gets a free pass to dress scandalous. Do you agree? Well, having said that, I started delving into more creative ideas for costumes. Ones that did not neccessarily need to leave less to the imagination. As I was browsing this year for ideas, I couldn't help but to see some high-end fashion designers intertwining their collection with the concept of Halloween. Well, it may actually be inspired for a more everyday punk look but can be quite creative for such festive holiday, I think.

 One of these designer collections that snagged my attention was the Vivienne Westwood's Spring/Summer 2013 Red Label Collection.Vivienne Westwood, a British designer, also coined as the "Grand Dame of Punk," according to Rolling Stones Magazine, has really nailed this style. Although, this collection is a bit different from her previous and has a nostalgic feel. Yet, it is still inspiring! I never been into the punkish or less than perfectly primp style but this look has really piqued my interest for next year's costume ideas. So, what do you think about Halloween and fashion?

No comments:

Post a Comment